Friday, March 14, 2008

Kylie's game

This morning, Leilani heard Kylie saying to herself, as she was getting ready for kindergarten: "I need some attention. I really need some attention."

Kylie is pretty good at knowing when her love-cup is empty - and she asks to get it filled. Fair enough! So this afternoon, I decided to be her emotional "gas station" :)

What a test! I DEARLY LOVE Kylie and I enjoy spending time with her, but for the last I don't know how many weeks, the only thing she wants to do with both Rich and myself is play the same game over and over and over again...

"Can we play Mom and Dad and pet shop? Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaasse?"

We try to propose all kinds of other activities, but to no avail!

This is how it goes: she's a pet at the pet shop (sitting on the couch) and we have to come and buy her, bring her home etc etc etc... Or vice versa,

At first, it was a cool game/role play, but Rich and I are getting quite tired of it...


When Rich came home and I told him what I'd been doing most of the afternoon, he had that look on his face that made us both laugh and said, "This is parent-abuse. It's getting too much." Haha!!!

Gotta love them kids! I guess the perfect way to extend that patience/dying to self-capacity :)

No comments: