Friday, September 3, 2021

To be fair, I've got to say, though...

 
... that what Praise and I have been able to accomplish in the last 10 years with God's help and the help of MANY around the world, wouldn't have been possible nor half as beautiful had it not been for her other half, Moses.


Truth be told, I actually met him before I met her!


YUP!


Just the day before, but hey, that counts, right?!


😏


During my stay with the large Ugandan family I shared about in my last blog-post links, there was ONE young man who really stood out to me.


He seemed so alive, joyful, kind, respectful, outgoing, polite and peaceful. 


His posture was a reflection of what I picked up from his spirit: tall and straight.




But what touched me most about him was the way he was relating to the many children and leading them in their evening devotions.


WOW! Just WOW!!!


He was very soft-spoken and gentle with them, but intentionally ushering them into the beautiful presence of God and directing their mix of praise, worship, testimonies, sharing of memorized Scriptures as well as a message with great sensitivity and care.


JUST SO BEAUTIFUL!


I WAS IMPRESSED!!


When Praise confided to me some time later that she had started a relationship with a young man, I was OVERJOYED when I found out it was him - Moses!


FANTASTIC, I thought! He's the perfect man for her - and SOOO good with children!!!


The two met in that family home and without stealing their story from them, let me just say that Moses was so impressed with the 10 children that had been with Praise and were now in the family he was with, that he got curious and wanted to find out WHO had raised them. 


She sure must be a VERY SPECIAL LADY!


The rest is history!


They got married in January of 2014.





And since 2016, he and Praise have been co-leading the ministry.

You can read more about his back-ground here.


While she's the visionary leader, he's the administrator.

They complement each other so well.

Love God and people so well - together.

A match made in heaven!


And did I say that he's a great father to all the many children they have?!


April 2018 with the youngest adopted baby :




So, here's a cheer to you, Moses!


I know you don't drink alcohol, I know, I know,


but let me salute you and raise my virtual glass of champagne to you

(there've got to be some perks to doing a virtual celebration, aye?!😉)



CHEERS!


Praise's and my 10-year-celebration is yours, too!



I honor you for being brave enough to marry a woman with 40 children

😮


and stand up against culture and join her in her ministry

(rather than the other way around, which is a MUST in your culture).


Yebale nnyo, Moses!


Love you so much and am very proud of you!

Praise, the children and the ministry are blessed to have you.

And so am I.


No comments: