Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Arrrggghhh!

"What are you wearing today, Mom?!" There comes the dreaded question again...

You may say that I should feel honored that my beautiful 18-year-old daughter even wants to wear my clothes - especially when she wants to look extra-nice (I'm not telling for who).
And I would normally like the idea of sharing clothes with my daughter.

B U T - - - here's why I'm not so happy about it: I was recently given some money for new clothes and was finally able to get a couple of nice, warm tops and some much needed new shoes - after 3 winters with - let's say - mostly grubby second-hand-cheapy-clothes (don't get me wrong, not all second-hand clothes are grubby, but mine were).

After all, we'd arrived in NZ 3 years ago as a family of 6 with no furniture, no bedding, no winter clothes (coming from Tahiti), no nothing - no extra-money. So to get dressed for winter was quite the challenge and as any mother would know, mom comes last...

You can't imagine my excitement to FINALLY get a couple of nice-looking-every-day tops and a pair of nice shoes. And I barely wear them once when I get asked - daily - to share them - which of course then makes them dirty, used etc....

I know I could feel flattered -but I don't and I guess the only way to remedy the situation is for me to get her some nice new clothes, too. Just figured that out while writing - I knew blogs are good for something :)
And then I'll ask her to share with me - which I'm sure she'll gladly do.
Ha!

No comments: