Saturday, May 17, 2008

Kylie and Soccer

Both Kylie and Leilani have started to play soccer.


New Zealand has an incredible culture of sports - from an early age.
Every Saturday morning, you see huge fields buzzing with school-age-children doing all kinds of different sports. And parents know that that's what THEY are doing on a Saturday morning - taking the kids and cheering for them!

Today was Kylie's second time. It's SOOO funny watching all those 4-5 year olds trying to play soccer, most of them having no clue as to what they're supposed to do. I guess it's good entertainment for the parents :)!!!

This is part of Kylie's team - that was last week, before we got the "right" socks and shorts :)


Kylie got chosen as the "Player of the Day" today, especially for her DETERMINATION. She got to take a little trophie home and a certificate with a coupon for a Mac Donald burger. WOW!


On the way back home, she told me: "I want a burger-ham". When I had to keep asking her what she meant (I'm a bit slow) - she finally exclaimed with exasperation: "You know, a FAMILY MEAL!" (she meant to say a "Happy Meal") - I guess now you know how often WE go to McDonalds ... :)

She also told us today what she wants to be when she grows up:

"A letter-box (she means mailman - oops, mailwoman), a teacher, nurse, mom and store-lady, selling things."

Now we know. When Leilani told her that she was gonna be a busy lady, she just said, "Yep, I'm gonna be busy!"


The picture below was one of her creations last week. I couldn't believe it when I saw the letters. She had just made up a word with some random letters she knows (without knowing what they would spell...) After my initial shock, I noticed that the last letter is a lower case r - and not a l - like I had initially thought.

Notice the smiley faces in the letters? That's my girl!

At soccer, she regularly SKIPS through the field (instead of running) - I LOVE YOU, KYLIE, YOU ARE SOOOOO PRECIOUS!!!



No comments: