Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Last Friday

There's so much to blog about - - - too bad our internet has been down for a few days - - -
So here's just a little:

I've never liked McDonald better than last Friday! We went to Starship Children's Hospital in Auckland with everybody except Jeremie (who went to school that day). Shayden had an appointment with NZ's top orthopedic surgeon because of his club hand(s) (one is very mild). Anyways, I had come down with a bad cold the day before (Shayden and Kylie, too) and was feeling most miserable that day. Also had hardly slept after 2:45am. By lunchtime, I knew that there was no way I would be able to drive the 2 1/2 hours back home without taking a nap. (We were leaving Rich in Auckland because he was taking a flight to New Caledonia the next morning).

I had seen a sign in the hospital about a "Ronald McDonald Family Room" that you could visit. When Shayden needed yet another x-ray (that Rich could take him to) and the girls were glued in front of a TV, I knew my chance had come. I headed to that family room, not sure what to expect, and found out - - - they had small rooms with beds that they make available for people to use for free! And they just happened to have one free! So - I was able to lay down for 1/2 hour and doze off - perfect! Excactly what I needed to tie me over and help me get home - (it took more than 3 hours.)

This was such a HUGE RELIEF and answer to prayer - God knew what I needed and made provision - as usual:)

Not only was I able to rest, but after that our whole family was treated to some free lunch!!! Doesn't get much better than that! What a blessing! THANK YOU, RONALD MC DONALD!

When I got home, after dropping Leilani off at youthgroup (Jeremie was there already), I was surprised by a beautifully cleaned kitchen and dining room!!! Jeremie had been at work - without having been asked, I may add - and did an amazing cleaning job (as he does), including vaccuming the floors! I was soooo blessed!!!

Just before getting Kylie to bed right after coming home, I needed to eat something and heated up some leftovers. Kylie noticed how tired I was and commented, "I'm concerned about you, Mom. You're so tired". When I was finished eating, she took my plate without me saying anything, and brought it in the kitchen! How sweet is that?!!

She even told me stories while I was eating (she wasn't hungry, had eaten on the way). One was about a girl called Kylie having a special day with her mother Isabel. The two had a lot of fun that day and even went to see a movie (she's never been to the movie theatre). It was a scary movie.

When I interjected that maybe a little girl shouldn't be watching a scary movie, she quickly answered: "No, Kylie wasn't a little girl, she was 7. And Mom was 81!"

There, you have it! Nice story!!! I had a good laugh at the end of a very tiring, but good day!

No comments: