Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Guess what?

When I first thought about taking a trip to Africa, I always thought that I would go with some other ladies but without Rich, since I figured that he needed to stay back with the kids.

After I felt the Lord indicate to me that I would be taking a first trip next year, I also felt - surprisingly - that Rich and I were to go together. I was SOOOOOO excited!!!

But I didn't want to just tell Rich, I wanted him to hear it for himself. So I waited - and waited - until he told me last night that he felt he should go with me. Youppieeeee!!! This will be so much fun! It's been a looooong time since we were doing ministry together...

In the meantime, Kylie woke up one day last week and did a drawing.
She told me it was her "diary".

She had divided the page into different segments, and this is what she had put on one of them:


While she was doing her picture, she had asked me how to spell Auckland. I didn't think anything of it - and - no - this is not what I told her to spell - LOL.

When she showed me the finished page, I asked her what everything meant.

When we came to the part you can see above, she said, "This means that Dad and you are going from Auckland to Africa."

To say I was dumbfounded is an understatement!

WOW!!! Talk about a confirmation!!!

Africa has not exactly been a common word in our household (not until now at least), and I can't remember the last time I even mentioned it to Kylie except for wayyyyy back last year...

I am so amazed at how God is orchestrating this venture - - - and how he spoke to/through Kylie - without her knowing - to confirm what he had put in my heart already, that Rich and I would go TOGETHER - - YAY!!!
Even though the trip will be everything BUT a vacation, I am looking forward to it MORE than I would for a vacation - - -

The beginnings of what's been in my and our hearts for sooooooooooooooooooooooo long...
And no, we have no idea yet WHO is going to look after our children for the 2-3 weeks, especially Kylie and Shayden, but I'm sure HE's already got a plan... :)

No comments: