Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Kylie's idea of beauty

OK, I admit, I've been on facebook WAY more than on this blog - it's just easier and quicker.
There are lots of photos, too, if you want to check them out (isabel betts - just become my "friend"!)

But this one I've got to share - just a funny little thing that Kylie let out yesterday:

Sadly, Nathalie has come down quite sick with glandular fever (mono).
I took some photos of the two lovebirds on Easter Sunday while we were at their house.
I posted the best one on facebook.
When Nathalie saw the photo she was discouraged at how "bad" she looks in the photo - (after all, she is really unwell, poor thing...)

So there she was groaning and moaning about not looking beautiful, when Kylie, full of compassion, came up to her, looked her in the eyes - as much as that's possible when you're much shorter than your sister - and said tenderly:

"Nathalie, you're sooooo beautiful!
You're as beautiful as ---- (thinking hard) ----- a KIWI!!!"

Of course, we all cracked up laughing (to Kylie's dismay!) - - - no idea where she could have gotten that from, but hey, after all, we're in the land of the kiwis! (Nathalie had a kiwi on her shirt, maybe that's what inspired Kylie).

I LOVE children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love ALL children - especially mine :) !!!

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

Hi Isabel...

What a sweet story.

I don't have a Facebook account, due to adoption related things and violent bio-parents...sometimes I wish I could though.

I don't think you picked up my thank you note (I sent it to the email that was on the pay-pal donation account...you Knight's email??)

Thank you so much for jumping in to help us with the finances for Simenesh. What a lovely surprise it was to see the donation was from you! We leave on the 19th!! Yeah God.

We are so blessed and are very thankful for your partnership...sorry you didn't get the thank you note. ;-(

Enjoy your beautiful children!

xxxo
Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 6 3/4 adopted