Thursday, November 28, 2013

IF ONLY...

…. I could get her face out of my mind.

I know very well that I cannot possibly help every needy person I meet in Uganda.

But this one



I just keep seeing her so vividly before me

Her smile

Her testimony at church on the first Sunday back after weeks and weeks spent in the hospital 
about how God had saved her life as she had almost died of Aids-related sickness.



She was radiant

and hopeful.

Yet

I am told that she is no longer living here.




She is a burden and not welcome anywhere really

as she needs care
(being lame and not able to work with her hands)

and she wants to die
 (she told Praise).

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

NO WAY!

Not Rose!

the wheelchair you can see broke on a recent visit to church

She is young

Beautiful

Precious

LOVED by her maker!

He has a HOPE and a FUTURE for her!



FLASH-BACK

Exactly 3 years ago

On my first visit to Uganda


and her fate face also wouldn't let me go

until I put action to my compassion and

RISK to my FAITH and PRAYERS




FAST-FORWARD

to this past visit:

She came RUNNING to me when she saw me from a distance

Hugging me

Bringing me a small gift

And saying OVER and OVER again:

"I am so happy!!
My children are so happy!!"

Radiant, smiling, and ever so grateful!

She is now a seamstress,

has a sewing machine,

a job,

lives in a decent place

Her children are looking great



She's got HOPE

and prospects for a bright future for her and the children.

OHHHHHH - my heart was SO ENCOURAGED

and grateful for God's provision

that flowed through a couple of people who cared!!!

And for those of you who have been following my blog,

Remember Lydia?

This is her!


Back to Rose:

I'll never forget the last time I saw her.

We dropped her off after church.

She was looking at me with pleading eyes

Asking me if I could please somehow get her crutches

So that she could work in the garden to grow food.

She also told me that she didn't have any food at all……


Now what am I supposed to do with THIS?

Anybody want to pray with me?

I KNOW that God must have a plan that will not only involve Rose being accepted and cared for, 

but also living with dignity!

I don't have an answer.



Will you pray with me for this precious

not forgotten woman that has nobody in this world except for God?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lord,
We thank you that you are the comforter,counsellor,healer,friend & family of Rose that you will provide the crutches that Rose needs and the food, shelter and basic needs she needs.We ask that you would fill her heart with the hope that she needs to help her through this trial she is facing, we thank you for divine intervention for you lord are our intercessor in times such as these. Lord we run to you and we stand on your word that says.For this is what the high and lofty one says - he who lives forever,whose name is holy:" I live in a high and holy place, but also with him who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite. Thank you lord for a fresh annointing and outpour upon Rose,s life, circumstances, heart & spirit in Jesus name we pray.
Amen.