Monday, April 6, 2009

Some of the l-i-v-i-n-g I've been enjoying...


A wonderfully delicious fruit growing in our garden: Feijoas - I haven't seen them in any other country besides New Zealand - the season is just starting and Kylie is the only one in the family who's had them - she gets them as soon as they are ripe and devours them before anybody else gets a chance at them ... I can't wait to have a taste, too!
We are also blessed with 3 apple trees! They're not very good for eating and full of worms (we were gone on our trip when they should have gotten treated), but they're great for baking - once all the yucky stuff has been removed, 'course!

Beautiful flowers Rich picked for me from our garden! I just HAD to add the pink gift bag with the "baby" on it - - - it was for a baby shower I went to yesterday. There are 4 ladies from the Tauranga House of Prayer who are expecting babies in June/July - and those baby showers are "raining down" :) - FUN!

An outing to the beach a couple of weeks ago with 3 friends from Tahiti that came to visit us for a week

Is that chocolate apple cake yummy or what?!
Jeremie and Leilani playing volleyball with our visitors

Princess posing

Now that it's getting colder, I insist she wears tights to school with her skirt.
She had a hard time with them this morning - she really doesn't like wearing those things at all and would rather be bare-legged and barefoot (is she becoming Kiwi or what?!!).

In her exasperation she exclaimed, "Oh, they're so sluffy!"
Thinking that I hadn't heard right, I asked her to repeat the word.
And yes, I HAD heard right, sluffy, sluffy, sluffy, she kept repeating with the tone of her voice getting ever more intense.

When I questioned her about the meaning of the word sluffy, this was her definition:

"They are hard to put on!"
There you go! Now you know! Ya never stop learning, I tell ya.

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

sluffy...hmm, I will have to remember that one ;-)

Your fruit looks amazing. Hard to believe the apples have worms...they look beautiful. I'd be curious to know what the other fruit tastes like...make sure to tell us when you finally grab one.

blessings to you!
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted