Thursday, April 9, 2009

Vacation, fire and fashion...


  • Today was the last day of school in the first term of the school year! YAY!!!Starting tonight, we have a little over 2 weeks of school vacation, or holidays, as they say in Kiwi-land. Looking forward to a bit more relaxed schedule and time with Leilani and Kylie - plus Nathalie coming back next week!

  • Rich JUST made the first fire of the season in our woodburner! COSY! We are so blessed to have wood for just about the whole winter - and all for free!!! Rich and Jeremie (and our tahitian visitors that came) worked hard to get the wood, cut it and chop it into "bite-sized" pieces. We were still missing the kindling wood - until TODAY, when Rich found a carload full at a place that was wanting to get rid of it - for free! Perfect timing! THANk YOU, JESUS!!!

  • When our family first moved to NZ from the islands, we found the clothes fashion incredibly boring with mostly blacks, greys and blues. A couple of days ago, I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked at Rich and myself: we were both wearing black and grey - - - yikes! What happened?!!! I guess this shows how quickly we adapt to a new culture (it's only been 4 years!). Later on that day, I did put on a very colourful tahitian pareu (cloth wrap used as a skirt) with my black top - MUCH better, if you ask me :)

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

Guess you are no longer a tourist.

I think blacks and grays are very classic...bet you look dashing!

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted