Monday, September 28, 2009

YESSSS!!!!!!!

I found out today that I won a NZ$50 voucher for food in our supermarket!
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This money will go to feed some hungry children in Africa that would otherwise not eat.

I am always looking for ways to squeeze some money so that we can help.
As a family, we have started "only" eating rice and beans on Sundays - to help us identify a little bit with the African orphans for whom this would be a treat - and to save some money that can then feed some of them.

Remember that for US$0.14, Children's Hopechest can (and WILL, if you designate your gift) feed someone a meal of posho and beans. (posho is cornmeal, which is filling and beans are protein).

I immediately started doing the math - that food voucher will feed 215 children a meal! YAY!!!

2 comments:

Danielle Gordon said...

Hey Isabel - I just saw your blog for the first time this morning. Before clicking on it, I had just been at the Childrens Hopechest site reading about feeding a child for $0.14 I love it when things like that happen! I'd also been reading about the book 'scared', not realising that was the name of the book I'll be borrowing off you - thinking I've really got to read that book! God is so good!
Love your rice and beans night idea, might just have to copy that one!

Isabel said...

Hey Danielle,
Since Rich will be leaving for Samoa tonight, he won't be able to read for a while. You can pick up the book any time. Just give me a buzz at 544 3450.
Cheers,
Isabel