Thursday, September 25, 2008

Shayden update

I will keep this short for today - just letting you know that the second family that came to meet Shayden and talk with me about what it means to take care of him, has decided against having him.

I already felt in my heart they were going to decline right after the visit (although they had left it open) and their decision didn't take me by surprise at all.

Since last week-end, LOTS has happened - - - way too much to tell you the whole story. Suffice to say that Rich and I are in the process of seriously reconsidering keeping Shayden after all - against all the odds and seeming impossibilities. And not because there is no one out there any more that may be interested (there are a couple of families that are possibly interested).

The conviction is growing in our hearts that it is God's will for Shayden to be part of our family - - - we think.
We are still not 100% sure - - - but need to make a decision very soon.

If we are keeping him, we will also take him with us on our trip. God will have to help BIG TIME, but if he is placing Shayden into our family, he will!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my prayers will be with you!!!!!!!!!