Monday, September 1, 2008

"Mom, I made some piles"

On Saturday I was looking through this site http://www.mission-live.de/lifecapture/impressionen.htm (sorry, I don't know how to make it work as just a simple link - help anyone?).


I wanted to find a good short video from the YWAM base where Nathalie is going to do her DTS to show at the farewell party. Kylie was standing next to me and as she was watching the footage that included poor children in developing nations, she kept saying, quite passionately, "I will feed them! I will give them clothes! I will take care of them!". I didn't pay much attention to her, since I was really busy, and didn't say anything in answer of what she kept repeating.


We chose a totally different video from another site and didn't mention the poor children anymore.


This morning (Monday) at breakfast, she said, "Mommy, do you want to look in my bedroom? I chose some of my things that I want to give to the poor children. I made some piles. Do you want to have a look?"


This is what I found:


This girl means business! She even reminded me late this afternoon, that we need to give those piles to the poor children (she's been at school all day).

And I hadn't even told her about this:







The silent killers are poverty, hunger, easily preventable diseases and illnesses, and other related causes. In spite of the scale of this daily/ongoing catastrophe, it rarely manages to achieve, much less sustain, prime-time, headline coverage.

2 comments:

Tracie said...

Links: Just type a WORD that you want to be your link, highlight it, then click on the icon in the tool bar that looks like a quotation mark. When the box pops up, put your link in there, and then when people click on your WORD it will take them to your link.

Does that make sense?

Isabel said...

Oh thanks! Sounds simple enough! Can't believe I waited this long to find out:)