Sunday, January 23, 2011

The cry of my heart

Today's another one of those days I'm hit with "IT" -

the overwhelming grief about what I witnessed in Uganda,

the individual stories of people who's names I know,

who's hands I've touched,

who I spoke with,

prayed for

and the agony of figuring out exactly what it is that I am meant to do about it.

I've got so little extra-time and energy that I need a very clear strategy.

The last thing I want to do is burn myself out in the process ~

Or have my family suffer ~

Been there, done that ~

Not again!

Crying out to you, Lord

CONTINUALLY

I've got LOTS of ideas

Please show me the first step

Or the whole picture

a strategy

YOU are a father to the fatherless

the defender of widows!

YOU love these precious people with a passion way greater than mine!


I know I can't possibly help them all

But what I CAN DO - I GLADLY WILL

Just make it clear

And I'll be off running with it!

My eyes fail from weeping,

My emotions are deeply disturbed,

My heart is poured out upon the ground in grief

because of the destruction of the daughter of my people,

because infants and nurslings faint in the streets of the city.

They keep crying to their mothers:

Where is food and drink?

as they faint like wounded men in the streets of the city,

as their lives ebb away on their mother's bosom.

Lamentations 2:11-12

No comments: