Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Moths no more!

Lately, we've been having moths in our pantry - yikes!

Somehow, some food must have gone off - and produced this nuisance.


In the past when this has happened, I would always find the source quickly and get the problem taken care of.


Not this
time.


Even though I thought I went through EVERYTHING,

they still kept coming

from somewhere

arrggggghhhh!!!!

I ended up having to throw away quite a bit of food

as the moths got into more and more of it.

What a waste -

I was REALLY bothered by it!

As it kept going on without me getting control over it, I felt a scripture popping into my heart:

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.

But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:19-21


The only reason why I had this moth problem was obviously because I had stored more food than what we were using - yes, I'm confessing here.

Of course, it all came with good intentions,

ya know, saving by buying bigger quantities

getting stuff when it was on sale etc

BUT - the reality was still that I was "storing up where moths were destroying",

having more than I needed to for our daily needs.

And that with trying to tighten our belt more than ever

not only because things are tight

but so we can spare some for Africa.



We recently learned about friends getting robbed.

Thieves broke in and took everything of value in the house.

How heart-breaking!

My heart goes out to them - for sure!

BUT - the reality was that they were "storing up where thieves broke in and stole"

I am not judging about their possessions.

Just sayin'...

And thinkin'...

Can we simplify our lives even more?

Think twice before buying unnecessary STUFF?

And store up in a place where the investment is BEST?

NO MOTHS, NO THIEVES!

I WANT TO!!!!!!!

No comments: