Friday, November 25, 2011

GRATEFUL - OH SO GRATEFUL

Even though our family only occasionally celebrates the American THANKSGIVING,

Yes, I know - shame on us... (just being honest here)

and this year we are not (Rich is away at a training and we have too many other things happenin')

it is SO GOOD to reflect on all the many blessings I am grateful for this past year!


  1. I am LOVED by my God - 
unconditionally -
no matter what - 

secure and resting in his loving embrace!

That's the BETTS BEST WAY TO LIVE!!!


2. My wonderful family  - each and every one -

here in New Zealand

in Uganda

in Germany

in the USA

in Australia

For the love we share, for health, protection and provision for all our needs! 

We are abundantly blessed!


3. Friends all over the world, supporters, prayer warriors, churches without who we could NEVER do what we're doing!!! 

SOOO GRATEFUL for YOUUUU!


4. The amazing GOD-connections in Uganda this past year  -

precious, affectionate relationships with WONDERFUL people there

who have become friends and family

that I feel tremendously honoured to partner with!!!

The emails that we exchange when we're not together move me DEEPLY on a regular basis!


5. That GOD has released close to US$30,000 through individuals and churches from several countries for the orphans and widows in Uganda in the past year!

Even though it feels like a drop in a bucket of needs, it is a start and 

HOPE and JOY

have been released through every dollar invested into 

food

water

housing

land

education

clothing

health-care

and even some fun - see here and here!

And that's without me doing anything structured - yet.
 I feel unorganized, incapable and weak,
but offering the little bit of "oil" (time) I have
and my voice
to knock on all my neighbours' doors
and ask for containers (donations)
that would hold GOD's miracle of provision
so that the fatherless won't get taken away into slavery (literal and figurative)
and can have HOPE for a FUTURE!

Have a read through 2.Kings 4 if you don't understand my analogy - :)

GRATEFUL GRATEFUL GRATEFUL to a GOD full of GREATNESS!
And to the GREAT PEOPLE he's placed in my life!

I am SOOO blessed!!





2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thank you Isabel.
We are grateful too - for you, your faithfulness, your commitment and the inspiration you are to us all.
xx

Kimmie said...

what a great list of thanks giving. May it keep pouring out of you my friend.