Friday, August 10, 2007

Encouraged!

There's been so much sickness in the family again this winter - it's not even funny... Kylie has come down with the flu again (getting better) and today I tried to rest as much as possible to help my body fight that flu off - once again.

I am really blessed that I haven't gotten really sick yet - thank you, Jesus!!! - hopefully I'll get over this as well - really quickly!

Rich and Leilani are in Auckland for a fundraiser for IWT Fiji. Normally, Rich was supposed to have left for Fiji tomorrow, but he postponed his departure to next Wednesday. There were just too many loose ends and too many things left to do before his extended trip away.

I've been really touched by what Jesus said in Matthew 25: 31-40:

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. 34 "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me,

I was in prison and you came to visit me.' 37 "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' 40 "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.

It hit me for the first time that what we are doing for Shayden (and other foster children) is exactly what Jesus was talking about here! I've felt such encouragement from Jesus through this! Nothing to be proud of (it is my great pleasure and privilege to be able to take care of Shayden!), but it feels good to sense Jesus' pleasure with what you are doing!

I've also been reminded often these days of a prophesy that we received during our wedding ceremony about us being surrounded by many children of different colours, way too many to be our own ... I feel we're on the right track :)


As much as I LOVE taking care of Shayden, there is also a price to pay - with sleep-deprived nights, very little time with Rich and a really intense schedule (will get more intense when Rich leaves). Anyways, it was just such a beautiful encouragement to sense that Jesus takes what I do for Shayden (and Kylie, Leilani, Jeremie, Nathalie!) as if I was doing for HIM! WOW!!!

How incredible of a GOD is this - that he so identifies with the smallest and most helpless! Makes me just love him even more!!!

No comments: