Saturday, June 27, 2009

Randominium

Today, I went to a wedding, prayed and prayed for a friend who was having a baby (baby born just over an hour ago! YAY!!!) - - - and in the midst of this I realized how much NZ really has become home to me.

Once you get to be part of those special events in people's lives (have been at a funeral already, too) - you're making your HOME in that place - even though you've still got family all over the world! SO SPECIAL!!!

I feel soooooooo blessed and GRATEFUL for all the wonderful people in my life!!!

Oh yes, Shayden reached a milestone today: he got his first hair cut!!!! He was so good, holding nice and still for most of the time and looks sooooo cute! (photos to follow)

Even though it was exciting, I do feel a tinge of sadness, as he has now definitely left behind the "baby-stage" - he looks like a little boy now!

He's also come into that new stage this week in other respects: he is getting into EVERYTHING!
He's been emptying the kitchen cupboards for a long time now; he's just picking up the speed with which he throws everything on the floor (I'm talking about all the plastic stuff) - about 5 times a day - and let's not mention the tantrums he throws as well...

Since this week, he's constantly been at/on the table, pouring milk over my Bible, the table and floor, making himself a jam sandwich, rolling the toiletpaper off the roll, you name it...

I know I've had it really easy with him until now - he's been so cruisy - and still is - he's just being a good 'ole toddler, that's all! FUN FUN FUN!!!

No comments: