Saturday, July 18, 2009

Blessed!

Rich and Jeremie are back in the capital of Fiji, Suva.
Their outreach went GREAT and they LOVED it both!!!
Thank you for your prayers!!!

They could be coming home tonight, but will only be coming late Tuesday night.
They saved $800 in airfare for staying the extra time (on the ship).
As much as they would love to come home today - and as much as I would like them to BE home, the savings are worth it!

And they may even be able to stop by the orphanage that I visited a couple of years ago and talk with the director about some fundraising I'd like to do - - - suspense :)

Anyways, as awesome as their time was, so was my time at home difficult. I'll spare you the details, but there has been constant sickness (the kids and me) and it's not been fun.

As I was sitting at the clinic with Shayden last week, force-feeding him Pedialite every minute for a couple of hours to prevent him having to go to the hospital due to dehydration (when he had croup), I was overcome with GRATEFULNESS.

When my little one is sick, I can go to the doctor (for free) at any time and all the help I need is at my fingertips. How amazing is that?!!!

The people that Rich and Jeremie were serving these last couple of weeks don't have that luxury.

And neither do the majority of the world population.

If we were living where they are and it was NOT the week where the boat was there, the outcome of Shayden being sick could have been bleak.

What an honour and small sacrifice to allow my men to be gone from home to help the needy islanders - just for a SHORT time!

I AM BLESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: