Monday, July 6, 2009

More sickness...

My poor little darling Shayden is miserable.

He had been so healthy during the last 3 months and I was already confident that he'd be able to make it through the winter without being sick.

Nope.



He woke up yesterday morning crying and breathing heavily - with a temperature.

I took him to the doctor today because his breathing was worrying me.

He's got bronchitis.



As much as I dislike him being so sick, I am glad that I am able to comfort him.

When he came to our family almost 2 years ago (!), he also had several bouts of being sick.

It is the worst feeling as a mother when you're NOT in tune with your little one and able to figure out what he needs and how to comfort him - just because you haven't known him and don't know his cues...

And I'm sure for him it was lots worse - having a "stranger" take care of you when you most need somebody that really knows what you need...



I felt so bad for him then - - - and am grateful for the attachment and bonding that's happened in the meantime!

I just knew holding him for a while, singing quietly, and then laying him down again (on his subtle cue) and gently massaging his face would calm him down (just a few minutes ago) when he woke up crying.



Nathalie was also sick in bed today - what is it with this sickness stuff?! Enough already!!!!!!

I realize sooooooo many people all around us are battling the same stuff, but I'd really like to the see the HEALING POWER of JESUS manifest in our family's bodies! Would you please pray with me?



Got a text from Rich. They arrived safely at the first of 2 islands they are going to be ministering in. Seems like they had smooth sailing with great weather. NICE!!!



By the way, there won't be any photos until the men are back - they took the camera:)

No comments: