Thursday, July 2, 2009

C-e-l-e-b-r-a-t-i-n-g

While I'm procastinating mending Jeremie's shorts , just a few thoughts - - -

Rich and Jeremie are leaving tomorrow morning early for almost 3 weeks on an outreach to the outer islands of Fiji. I don't normally feel great just before Rich leaves. I miss him when he's gone and there seems to be a regular occurence of "stuff" that happens which makes his absence even harder.
A couple of days ago, my heart was starting to feel heavy again, even more so as I know there will most likely be no chance of regular emails or phone calls ...

Today, it hit me - or maybe it was God speaking to me? - that instead of being sad that they are leaving, I should be CELEBRATING as I release them to go.

We are truly blessed! Why?
  • We get the privilege to invest our lives into people's eternal destinies! I can't imagine anything I'd rather invest myself into!!!
  • We are both healthy and fit - how many others struggle in their health majorly and would not be able to either go (like Rich) or stay back by themselves with 4 kids (like me)
  • We are being supported by friends and family so that we can extend our lives to the poor, needy and lost in Jesus' place - in other words, God is providing so that they can go (some of the expenses still need to be covered)

I have way more reasons to CELEBRATE than to feel sorry for myself, and that's what I've been choosing to do all day - feels great - and helps Rich, too, when he sees me celebrating the chance for him to go rather than see me down. So, it's a win-win! YAY!!!

No comments: