Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Such contrasts!

Mummy, Tia Lani (how Leilani wants to be called by Gideon) and Gideon-cuddle




As I was having some wonderful Nana-Gideon-bonding time yesterday
(yes, I did end up changing to "Nana" instead of "Ma" - just like it better and won't get me confused with being "Mom") -

holding the precious little treasure for the first extended time - almost 1 1/2hrs! - whooohooo! -

and love and prayers spilling out over his life,

I couldn't help but think of all the babies that are abandoned
and have absolutely

NO ONE to hold them


NO ONE to comfort them


NO ONE to love on them


NO ONE to
whisper tenderly into their ears

NO ONE to cuddle them


NO ONE to clothe them


NO ONE to feed them

NO ONE to keep them warm


NO ONE to protect them


NO ONE to rock them to sleep


NO ONE to sing over them


NO ONE to pray over them

NO
ONE AT ALL!!!
It tears me up inside

IT IS NOT RIGHT!!! IT IS JUST NOT RIGHT!!!

They are so incredibly precious and deserve just as much love as our little Gideon!!!

My thoughts went to the 200 babies that are reported dead in the mortuary of one particular suburb of Johannesburg, South Africa,

EVERY

SINGLE

MONTH!!!!

The 90+ babies that are found abandoned in the same city

EVERY

SINGLE

MONTH!!!

Lord, have mercy on these little ones!

Rescue them!

Place them into loving families!!!

And all the other ones, too

around the world!

And please bless and provide for ministries like this one, caring for these treasures, so that they can keep taking them in, loving on them and placing them into families.

It's just not right that they should have such a struggle to survive

Just because of lack of finances.

SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE!!!




My heart also goes out to the parents of a 11-year-old in Uganda

who died suddenly a few days ago

from a high fever (I suspect malaria)

I got that news just after I had been to the travel doctor with Leilani.

She got a whole bunch of immunizations for our trip to Uganda.

And a big talk on how she needs to make sure that the daytime mosquitoes don't get her, cuz they cause typhoid and yellow-fever (I think),

and the night-time mosquitoes, cuz they cause malaria

and a bunch of other precautions.

That's all good and right and I'm so grateful she gets to have these immunizations and preventive medicines (the brave girl paid for them with her own hard-earned money),

on top of the mosquito repellent she'll be putting on morning and night,

and the mosquito nets she'll be sleeping under.

But how unjust!!!

The Ugandans don't get any of that protection

and they die

so many of them.

Much of it is because of lack of money

even to buy a mosquito net!

Death is so common over there

And the parents love the children JUST AS MUCH as I love mine.

It's just burning inside of me

The injustice of it all!

All I can do for now is to CRY OUT TO GOD!!!

And that I will!!!

No comments: