If all goes according to plan (and you're never sure until it actually happens), we will have another little foster baby with us starting next week Thursday or so. He's a 6-month-old Maori boy named Shayden (spelling?) and needs a home for about 2-3 months - we'll see...
Rich and I really struggled through the decision for a few days.
On one hand, my heart is more than ready to care for another baby. I've been reading about adoption, looking up information, praying etc. Even a couple of my friends have had dreams just recently about me having a baby (and no, I'm not pregnant!).
On the other hand I know my tendency to take on too much - - - and Rich will be gone so much during that time that I'm just not sure I can do it without putting additional strain on my life and our family...
To make a long story short, we did end up saying yes - only if they could find absolutely nobody else to care for Shayden - and they couldn't.
Sooooo - he should be with us just after Rich leaves for Fiji next week Wednesday.
He seems to have some special needs requiring me to do physical therapy with him for 20 min. twice daily (he's got club hands and one shortened forearm, plus 6 fingers on one hand).
I am actually very excited - as well as a little scared :)
And we're praying that if for some reason it isn't the highest for us to take him on, that God would provide for another solution for him between now and next week.
Until then I'm enjoying the relative peace and quiet at the house with just Rich and 2 kids and trying to catch up on a lot of administrative work (and hopefully house work).