Monday, July 30, 2007

Unforgettable Week-end

Rich and I had a fantastic week-end by ourselves! YEAH!

Since Rich will be leaving soon to stay in Fiji for 2 1/2 months - and it's been a bit challenging the last week since he's come back from Fiji with the baby and other kids (hardly any time to ourselves) - AND it was his birthday - I felt it was time for a time-out by ourselves. We dropped off Shayden at his former caregiver (she was more than happy to look after him) and took off to Taupo - a couple of hours from Tauranga.

Nathalie, Jeremie and Leilani volunteered to look after Kylie and take care of themselves for the week-end. This was their birthday gift for their Dad!

What incredible kids!

Rich and I were able to stay at friends' holiday house and spent most of the time fishing. This was the first time since our first year of marriage that I went fishing with Rich! Not that I wouldn't have wanted to before, but it just has never been possible.

Suffice it to say that it was remarkable - incredible - VERY enjoyable!!! I even liked the fishing, although we didn't catch anything.
The nature was just sooooo relaxing and beautiful - ministered to us! And how great to spend an extended time with your best friend!

It was really fun planning it all in secret, since it was a surprise for Rich. I got such a kick out of it! The kids and I were able to keep the surprise until just before we left - when Rich was packing his fishing stuff (thinking he was just going for a couple of hours) and missing something I had already packed away in the car, along with everything else (except the kitchen sink), including firewood :) - and yes, the only drawback was that it was so cold! There were no heaters in the house except a fireplace that needed tons of wood and still hardly heated up.

On Sunday morning, Rich went fishing on the lake with the kayak while I stayed in bed for a few hours - just to keep warm (10degrees Celcius). I had a fantastic time with God!!!


Despite the cold on the outside, it was a heart-warming, romantic week-end that we wished could have lasted a few more days :) - Thank you, Lord!

No comments: