Friday, March 14, 2008

Guess who...

... had a birthday yesterday????

Yep, you guessed it!
My biggest wish for my birthday was not to have to do any housework all day and to be able to spend some quality time with my favorite people -
  • with God - had some time in the Prayer Room! YAY!!!
  • with my friend Ruth, that I've hardly had any time with in the past year due to being so busy - we went out to lunch - Yumm!
  • with my kids - over breakfast and dinner!!! Thank you Leilani for an awesome cake!
  • with my hubby, in the evening, in the hot pool about 10 min. from our house! Wonderfully relaxing!!

We have this tradition in our house to have the breakfast table nicely decorated for birthdays. Most years, this doesn't happen when it's my birthday - last year, the kids complained about it - so guess, what? Rich and Leilani stayed up really LATE to decorate the place for me with balloons, flowers and we had a beautiful breakfast - fruit salad with yoghurt, cantelope and a cake.

How nice!!! I didn't want them to do all this work - I just like doing it for them - but it was nice!

Thank you, Rich, for all your labour of love for me!!!

It's a privilege that he could take most of the day off to take over my duties and free me up for some of the fun stuff! And NO work! :)

Tomorrow he'll be off again for 12 days...

No comments: